During each semester academic program the international team organizes the following activities.
• Tour of Valparaiso*
• Tour of Santiago: Day trip to the country’s capital. Visit the Presidential Palace, Plaza de Armas, Bellas Artes, Cerro San Cristobal, and have lunch in the Mercado Central.
• Wine Tour: Take a tour of two vineyards with wine tastings in the Casablanca wine valley.
• Visit to Pablo Neruda’s beach home at Isla Negra.
• Ruca Mapuche: Visit a traditional Mapuche hut, learn about the Mapuche culture, as well as taste some of their traditional foods with a local Mapuche spokeswoman.*
• Visit Villa Grimaldi, an ex-detention center for political prisoners during the Pinochet regime*
• Visit the National Congress of Valparaiso: Students take a guided tour while learning about the political structure of Chile.
• Horseback Riding on the beach: No experience necessary
• Hiking in Mount Campana
• Street Art tour of Valparaiso: Students tour the hills of Valparaiso observing and commenting on the various murals and street art. At the end of the tour the students paint a mural with two local graffiti artists. *
*These activities are included in the tuition fee. Students may have to pay a small transportation fee to participate.